Monday, October 15, 2012

At The Starting Gate


As we poke our noses out of the starting gate, eyes wide at the track in front of us, are we eagerly chomping at the bit to start this race?  I find myself hesitant, unmotivated . . . am I going to do this thing?  Or am I going to remain behind the gate, always wondering what it would have felt like to feel the pumping of my legs as I round the track?

A basic, logical assumption takes me to realize that we will lurch out of the gate because . . . well, we already have in a sense.  We've begun to establish an identity, a relationship with our company, a purpose and a feel.  But are we going to run this race well?  That is more of the question at this point.  And I am going to venture a yes!  Because it's a choice.

And this blog is a part of that choice.  I want to make things happen instead of just let them happen.  This blog will serve as a check-up, a training center, a communication piece - or, in simplest of terms, my own accountability to stay on task in getting this business out of the starting gate.

At least once a week, I'll post something.  That's it.
Ready to get running with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment